ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Scary Driveby Attack / Mysterious failure / Other

<< < (4/6) > >>

Innuendo:
To comment on the original topic, friends don't let friends use Microsoft Security Essentials. Seriously!

I have seen it let people down time and time again. The only reason it enjoys the popularity it does is because it's free.

TaoPhoenix:
To comment on the original topic, friends don't let friends use Microsoft Security Essentials. Seriously!

I have seen it let people down time and time again. The only reason it enjoys the popularity it does is because it's free.
-Innuendo (April 17, 2014, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well this is a bit of a surprise, I thought it was supposed to be at least decent. But now it's "yelling at me" about the end of OS support so for that reason as well as it's been saying "service stopped" several times now for the first time ever, I'll probably switch it out kinda soon.

x16wda:
--- End quote ---

There was also that little matter over the last few days where a defs update killed most XP boxes (and some 2003 servers too), no effect on Win 7 or 2008+ servers.  (That's System Center Endpoint Protection, which is MSE plus reporting.)  I couldn't help but wonder if there was a little "nudge" built into that.

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

There was also that little matter over the last few days where a defs update killed most XP boxes (and some 2003 servers too), no effect on Win 7 or 2008+ servers.  (That's System Center Endpoint Protection, which is MSE plus reporting.)  I couldn't help but wonder if there was a little "nudge" built into that.
-x16wda (April 18, 2014, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes! I didn't hear about this! I haven't downloaded new defs in a while - so I should avoid it?!!

TaoPhoenix:
Please ... Take the time to run chkdsk C: /R completely (Don't make me beg damn it!). Because there is almost never only one error - there may only be one bad sector ... But there will be quite a bit of stuff riding on it.

Iceberg tips should not be ignored.

-Titanic.
-Stoic Joker (April 17, 2014, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, I found time to do that last night. I don't know what it fixed because it rebooted after it was done, but I'll trust it did whatever useful things it wanted to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version