ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Command-line option starts a new instance of SC

<< < (3/3)

lanux128:
by any chance, does SC have any option like the one in the image below, which i may have inadvertently turned it off/on?

Spoiler

bob99:
With SC already running and using the run command I get the "Hello there! You've tried to launch a new copy..." popup. I got a UAC popup 1st asking if I wanted it to run.

I'm on Win 7 Pro, x64 machine. SC is installed in the x86 program files folder.

Edit
Should have told you I'm still running V4.8. Haven't installed the beta yet.

mouser:
With SC already running and using the run command I get the "Hello there! You've tried to launch a new copy..." popup. I got a UAC popup 1st asking if I wanted it to run.
--- End quote ---

thanks bob -- so your single-instance detection is working correctly.
ps. the new beta does away with that "hello there" message.

bob99:
--- End quote ---

-mouser (April 14, 2014, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just tried it again. Same result. Single instance popup.

bob99:
-mouser (April 14, 2014, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's probably some other reason you are taking out the "Hello there" message. But it never bothered me. Actually I kind of liked the reminder I had it already running. Sometimes some of my tray icons disappear for seemingly no reason. In my case it kept me from having two instances running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version