ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Windows desktop productivity tool

<< < (7/8) > >>

skwire:
I have and it worked great. Windows 8.1 x64-c.gingerich (April 19, 2014, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.  Thanks for the report.  I just uploaded a new version that adds a new option to set the desktop icon view as shown here in this thread:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=37576.0

Download: DesktopFolderSwitcher.zip

c.gingerich:
What about assigning hotkeys to paths/menu items for quicker switching? Ctrl+Alt+F1, F2, etc.  Something like that?

skwire:
What about assigning hotkeys to paths/menu items for quicker switching? Ctrl+Alt+F1, F2, etc.  Something like that?-c.gingerich (April 19, 2014, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

If this catches on, I'll almost certainly change the simple edit field to a listview with add/edit/delete buttons and allow hotkeys.

Stef:
Just came back from my Vac.

@skwire Your tool is exactly what i wanted , Really thank you for all your work :)

Cool.  Thanks for the report.  I just uploaded a new version that adds a new option to set the desktop icon view as shown here in this thread:
--- End quote ---

The icon view doesn't work on my windows 8.1 x64
but i'm too happy with the overall tool.
And I wanted to ask cause I'm a total noob at those things if there is any possibility to harm my PC if i use this tool a lot, cause it changes (as i understand) the registry too often. Just to be sure :)

skwire:
And I wanted to ask cause I'm a total noob at those things if there is any possibility to harm my PC if i use this tool a lot, cause it changes (as i understand) the registry too often. Just to be sure :) -Stef (April 21, 2014, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMO, no, there is not.  The registry exists to store settings and information and is modified constantly throughout a PC's session.  A lot more than you might expect, in fact.  My application only changes the necessary setting, via a documented API call, that determines the desktop folder and then refreshes the system using another documented API call.

If anybody else feels differently, speak up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version