ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Find filenames/folders above certain length and offer to rename them

<< < (33/33)

Target:
ai've been a very interested observer but i haven't used it as much i would like to.. :(
-lanux128 (April 21, 2009, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

not a problem, just curious as you did say Skwire's solution fulfilled your requirements... 

cranioscopical:
I generally change my settings to allow writing of  r e a l l y  l o n g  n a m e s  (joliet?)
-Target (April 21, 2009, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, the cr*p you let onto your system!
It's time for a better scheme than that.
Wherefore art thou, Romeo?

Target:
Wherefore art thou, Romeo?
--- End quote ---

check the coding snacks forum...

dcwul62:

Hello - I know I am responding to an old thread (hopefully someone will read this)

Question about this software:
1)
right now it cuts by nnn characters
is it possible to make it cut back TO nnn characters instead?

For example, I want the total length of all - folder/paths etc. to be 180 characters, so whatever the length,
when cutting back length should remain 180 characters)
(a bit similar to CutLongNames.exe)

2) when cutting back a list of files, it should add a digit to avoid duplicate errors
so
files that have been cut back, should then read
longfilenamescutbackto180char_01.jpg
longfilenamescutbackto180char_02.jpg
longfilenamescutbackto180char_03.jpg

3)
is it possible to make this as a plug-in for Directory Opus (or work as a toolbar button)

4)
is it possible to add this to shell:sendto context menu.
meaning:
I would select a number of files, then select context menu "Maim The File" - and 'send' the files to Main The File so they are then cut back as per settings saved in Maim The File.

(Maim - what does this stand for?)

=

Target:
right now it cuts by nnn characters
is it possible to make it cut back TO nnn characters instead?
--- End quote ---

should be possible, though there is a likelyhood that you'll end up with nonsense filenames.  And what do we do where the path is the offending portion of the string (eg path lengths of 175+ characters)? 

is it possible to make this as a plug-in for Directory Opus (or work as a toolbar button)
--- End quote ---

I don't use dopus so I can't help with this, but plenty here do so someone else may be able to advise

is it possible to add this to shell:sendto context menu.
meaning:
I would select a number of files, then select context menu "Maim The File" - and 'send' the files to Main The File so they are then cut back as per settings saved in Maim The File.
--- End quote ---

possibly... it could certainly be added to the context menu, but what you're asking for is more of a batch operation which is something I'll have to look into...

(Maim - what does this stand for?)
--- End quote ---

to maim is to injure such that a permanent disfigurement results.  It was a play on words given the potential for damage when renaming files

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version