ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How is youtube tracking me?

<< < (2/3) > >>

eleman:
Google and its evil policy of integrating everything to a single account makes deleting cookies a pain. I have to have gmail open at all times. If I delete the cookie for google.com, gmail logs me out.

The solution I found: move to outlook.com and f.ck with gmail.

Innuendo:
Google and its evil policy of integrating everything to a single account makes deleting cookies a pain. I have to have gmail open at all times. If I delete the cookie for google.com, gmail logs me out.-eleman (April 11, 2014, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, you should never have GMail open at all times. Like you said, Google ties everything to that cookie so when you are logged in they can track way too much of your activity.

I'm currently 'forced' to have two GMail accounts, one for my Android phone and one for my college email account. My solution is to restrict them to my phone & read any mail for those accounts there.

Renegade:
Probably the best way to stop them would be to download the Firefox source code and for the cookies and local storage parts, edit the code so that it always returns an empty string, then recompile it.

They can actually link different accounts across different devices. They're that good. If Big Data doesn't scare you, you're not paying attention - it's terrifying.

eleman:
The solution I found: move to outlook.com and f.ck with gmail.
-eleman (April 11, 2014, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe I'm entitled to employ profane words. Lots of them... Lots and lots...

Microsoft cans free custom domain support in Outlook

Innuendo:
Here's a very simple solution.

Stay logged into GMail in one browser, say Firefox...and do all your YouTubing in a different one, say IE. Simple solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version