ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

WinXP is officially dead!

<< < (3/19) > >>

rgdot:
XP is dead, long live XP

40hz:

And as long as there are VMs, XP will live. :Thmbsup:

Seriously, set one up fully loaded with the stuff you use most, take a snapshot, and have at it. Save your files to a USB key. If your virtual XP ever does corrupt or get infected, just shut it down and reload it. ;D

TaoPhoenix:
From the other thread:
From a post on Wilders Security forum:

Free 9-month subscription to Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 (expires in about 40 hours)

- http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/softpedia/
-mwb1100 (March 23, 2014, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Of more concern to me than "OhMyGawd XP is dead" is that MS says they're not going to support XP's copy of MS Security Essentials. So I *am* interested if anyone has reviewed those other threads about alternate AntiVirus/Security suites. (P.s. where *was* that thread?) Forgive me for asking instead of "ReadingTheManuals", but I'm a little behind on where BitDefender stacks up. But it's also nice to have "local opinion" esp since A, sometimes there's bias in those studies, and B, some of you serve clients and would only recommend what you think is the best.

So heh topic for a poll! For people serving clients, what AV suite have you recommended alternate to MsSecEss in the past on its own merits, and/or now that MsSecEss is dead too, is your next forward choice? (Does anyone want to set that up? I don't know the code for that.)

rgdot:
MSE signatures *will* be updated for XP

TaoPhoenix:
MSE signatures *will* be updated for XP
-rgdot (April 08, 2014, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, I was looking at this nasty red box. So I don't doubt you, but it's at least a bit disingenuous on MS's part to "not support" it but behind the scenes only if you know what article to look at, to actually ... support it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version