ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

WinXP is officially dead!

<< < (8/19) > >>

Deozaan:
Turn off Automatic updates - there won't be any now since MS turned off the updates except for the malware/scareware nag screen.-Carol Haynes (April 09, 2014, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

The nag/notification was a part of Windows Update. It was separate from other updates. I think you should be able to just manually deselect it and hide it so that it never shows up in the list again, meanwhile other updates (such as MSE definition updates, etc.) will continue to download.

superboyac:
WinXP, the most successful OS of all time.  True?
To my mind, Windows XP's importance in history is on the level of the light bulb.

TaoPhoenix:
WinXP, the most successful OS of all time.  True?
To my mind, Windows XP's importance in history is on the level of the light bulb.
-superboyac (April 09, 2014, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or something. MS had nothing viable to offer for some eight years, so XP became "where it's at".

wraith808:
^ *For some people.

40hz:
^ *For some people.
-wraith808 (April 09, 2014, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Agree. But less so in my case when I bit the bullet and jumped ship when it looked like Win 7 threatened to become another train wreck like Vista was... ;D

MS pulled that one out of the fire rather nicely. I don't know what they were thinking when they did Win 8 and squandered all the goodwill and credibility W7 earned them.

Sad  too. Because stripped of all the BS Sinofsky and his team burdened it with, Win 8 is actually a very nice desktop OS. Probably the best MS ever developed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version