ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

General consensus on Free Boxmaker Software?

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
General consensus on Free Boxmaker Software?  I read the threads.  Unfortunately I'm at the Public Library.  They screen out almost all downloads.  Even open source stuff like on SourceForge.net.

So I haven't been able to try QuickBox or the other freebies.  When I get on another network I'll be able to download.  But I'm curious if the enthusiasm for these tools has evaporated or one has risen to the top etc..  :)

40hz:
Are you talking about the Boxmaker that creates cutting templates for actual boxes or the one that gins up a 3D product box image?

If the second, I don't think it adds much anymore. People are used to purchasing download-only software so I don't think they need the crutch of seeing a 'box' anymore.

But that's just my take. I have noticed, however, that those faux product boxes seem to have disappeard from most software sites.
 :)

MilesAhead:
I seem to have a knack for interest in fads after the bandwagon has been run out of town.  :)

Oh, excuse me.  I just saw a great deal on a turtleneck sweater.  :)

40hz:
I seem to have a knack for interest in fads after the bandwagon has been run out of town.  :)-MilesAhead (April 05, 2014, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Makes two of us, my brother. That makes two of us... ;D

Oh, excuse me.  I just saw a great deal on a turtleneck sweater.  :)
--- End quote ---

Hey! I've been know to wear them. Even mock turtlenecks! De wimmins luvs 'em! Or at least they did back when I started wearing them.  8)

app103:
But that's just my take. I have noticed, however, that those faux product boxes seem to have disappeard from most software sites.
-40hz (April 05, 2014, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

The fad these days seems to be device mockups, showing screenshots on fake devices. It's much easier to do than box shots, once you have the PSDs. If you want to try it out, this site has plenty of free ones to offer: http://freebiesbug.com/psd-freebies/mockups-psd-freebies/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version