ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any ideas for an entry-level "how to use a mouse" tutorial?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
When i was looking for a painting program for a very young niece, I was thoroughly impressed by "Kid Pix" (Kid Pix Deluxe 4th edition is what i tried).
It's kind of a super deluxe fancy painting and color-by-numbers tool with animation, sounds, etc.  Really really great stuff.

You can pick it up for $10 on amazon now.
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Company-Kid-Pix-Deluxe/dp/B0006N99K8

There are some other similar highly rated things on amazon as well, Crayola Art Studio, Kid Pix 3d.

The only thing you'll have to be wary of is whether these will run on Windows 7+ as they are older apps.

mouser:
ps. I have a copy of Kid Pix 4 Deluxe that I never used; if you are in the USA message me your address and i'll send it to you.

kunkel321:
Thanks all, for the replies.
Yea, after App301 posted his bead designer, it occurred to me the MS Paint is a sensible starting point. 

Mouser, Thanks very much for the offer!  I don't think it'll work though, on Amazon there's a review that suggests it's not Vista-compatible.  Also, I'm hoping to upgrade to Windows 10 at some point. 

Miles, I will definitely check out that site. 

Thanks again, Everyone.

tomos:
after App301 posted his [her] bead designer
-kunkel321 (July 06, 2015, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

FTFY :)

ayryq:
When i was looking for a painting program for a very young niece, I was thoroughly impressed by "Kid Pix" (Kid Pix Deluxe 4th edition is what i tried).
-mouser (July 05, 2015, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

My son used KidPix in Kindergarten. So might actually be a practical purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version