ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

NIX: KDE anyone? First thoughts.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Edvard:

I hope you were joking
-ewemoa (June 12, 2014, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  :(

I'm sure there's a config somewhere that does the same thing, but this tool is easy enough.  You are correct that the *boxen WMs keep it simple with basic config files that can be simply text-edited, which is nice.  I wouldn't know where to begin in KDE  :o

ewemoa:
BTW, aren't there also the Window Manager -> Keyboard and Window Manager Tweaks -> Accessibility -> Key used to grab and move windows sections?  Perhaps there are other nooks that contain keyboard-related things...IIRC, it's no better in most other non-XFCE things.

I wonder why more desktop environments/managers/etc. don't go for using the Windows key to stay out of application key usage territory...seems like such a nice solution.

ewemoa:
40hz and other interested parties,

I was going to start another thread on the following (and may be I still will ;)), but if you'd like another fun rabbit hole that happens to use KDE, perhaps NixOS would be interesting to check out.  It appears to support XFCE (as well as other things), but KDE appears to be more the default.

I've been using its package manager, Nix, on top of Gentoo mostly with happy results, but am also testing NixOS via VirtualBox.

not all roses...Unfortunately, NixOS is also systemd-based -- may be someone will try to produce a version with OpenRC at some point...

ewemoa:
I wonder why more desktop environments/managers/etc. don't go for using the Windows key to stay out of application key usage territory...seems like such a nice solution.
-ewemoa (June 13, 2014, 12:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tweaked the 3 sections that looked to contain keyboard settings in XFCE4 to try to avoid potential conflicts with various applications -- by judicious use of the Windows key.  Now I'd like to reuse these settings on other machines.  Anyone know of a good way to do so?  Didn't have much luck turning up any kind of export / import of settings...

Edvard:
/home/user/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-shortcuts.xml
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version