ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Can LBC be transformed into a task bar

(1/4) > >>

Dochappy:
I'm wanting to remove the windows taskbar all together and was wondering if it's possible to have a dock in lbc where open windows would sit like the taskbar ?

Vurbal:
The short version is yes. The videos linked in this post would be a good starting point. My setup is quite a bit different now but the concept is mostly the same:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18759.msg339703#msg339703

The somewhat longer version is the one thing I can't do with LBC yet that would allow me to totally eliminate using the taskbar is bringing up a list of open windows. Or actually it's not that I can't do it from LBC - 7+ Taskbar Tweaker has an option to do just that. The problem is I want to do it from a launchbar button rather than accessing the tray icon (which I can do from LBC) first.

One of these days I should contact the author of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to see if he can add something (a hotkey maybe) to do that.

mouser:
The main job of a task bar is to show entries for running programs -- LBC won't do that.

Vurbal:
No it won't, but 7+ Taskbar Tweaker's Task Inspector combined the Tray Popup program from Total Taskbar Controller is almost close enough to be a replacement for me. At the end of the day I decided it was a little too kludgy, but if I could bring it up directly via a single LBC button that would probably be close enough for me.

Dochappy:
thanks guys. I'll check out those videos for sure. right now I have two docks  one is one icon that pulls up the contents of my start menu. it's hidden at the top of my screen and another dock on my right side set to slide out with my mainly used programs.  I also minimize it to my systray while playing games in full screen.

as it is now I could probably get rid of the taskbar and just alt tab between open windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version