ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

How The Most Expensive Game Jam In History Crashed And Burned In A Single Day

<< < (4/4)

40hz:
Sure, at that point they still could have walked away before signing anything, but most of these people are still relatively young, inexperienced people who were probably somewhat confused and unsure what to do at that point. Just trying to figure out what to make of it all, and if it could be salvaged. And perhaps some of them felt obligated or pressured into it after making a verbal agreement, even though technically at that point they weren't contractually/legally obligated to go through with it.
-Deozaan (April 02, 2014, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

As a life lesson, I think this is called the 'Yes it can actually happen to me' factor. Which in fairness probably does fall under 40's use of the word naïve ... but that doesn't quite entirely convey the whole consumed by the machine reality of what happens in the real world's reality.
-Stoic Joker (April 02, 2014, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure that's likely a good part of how it played out. And I'm probably being unfairly harsh on them because of it. :-[

Oh well...what's done is done. All that matters now is what happens going forward. Onward! :Thmbsup:

crabby3:
As one TV producer I know explained to me, the industry itself is "content neutral." It's all about eyeballs and 'likes' these days.
-40hz (April 02, 2014, 01:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Phew... what a relief.  I figured TV producers actually thought their stuff was good entertainment.

As he put it (close as I remember), "We don't care what gets broadcast as long as people want and actually do watch it.
--- End quote ---

How do they know what people want or watch?

My industry makes no judgements. Sure, we all prefer to televise good shows. But we'd be just as willing to televise a wall with paint drying on it if it will net us 100,000 regular viewers each week."
--- End quote ---

This would be a good show but only if they use wrinkle paint.   :P

rxantos:
So basically they tried to screw up developers that where doing things for fun, and then wondered why they didn't participate?

I wouldn't want to play any game made by an idiot that signed that contract. Neither would I want to meet the idiot that made the contract.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version