ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Best way to crop an image with uneven boundarys

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
See this page for some videos showing how to make scrolling capture work well:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=29821.msg277095#msg277095

xbeatle:
Hi mouser, so I was able to separate the attached scroll from it's white bordered background after doing your suggested procedure.

I was able to just get the scroll with it's jagged boundaries..the ideal scenario.

But now, when I go to save it to a file in my computer, it saves with a white frame(boundary) around it..which is what I wanted to get rid of from the beginning.

I want to save exactly what I'm presently looking at inside the Screenshot Captor main window..the scroll with the jagged boundary that after your process, no longer has a white frame/boundary..

Is there an additional step to Save my newly defined image?

Thanks so much in advance.

Jonathan

mouser:
what file format are you using? as long as you are using PNG, ScreenshotCaptor should preserve true transparency.
if you save to a format that does not support transparency (bmp, jpg), then SC has no choice.

xbeatle:
So, I've attached a screenshot of my Main Window with the Scroll exactly as I'd like to save it..most recent attachment.

Unfortunately, after removing the unwanted border, when trying to save it to my computer, it appears back as the first attachment..regardless of whether or not I save it with the .png format..like the latest attachment.

It's not the end of the world but I'd love to provide just the scroll w/o background to my members...

mouser:
dont see anything attached.

SC is quite happy to preserve background transparency so there is no reason it shouldnt work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version