ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why is my desktop email client breaking mail message headers?

<< < (3/3)

superboyac:
just for your information:

The message headers are not used for the classification via SpamNet.-Antispam Sniper
--- End quote ---
http://antispamsniper.com/help/oewm/spamnet.htm

-Curt (March 10, 2014, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...I'll have to look into that when I get home.  I want to say that's an option, and I think my SpamNet option is disabled.  NOt sure though.

Stoic Joker:
just for your information:

The message headers are not used for the classification via SpamNet.-Antispam Sniper
--- End quote ---
http://antispamsniper.com/help/oewm/spamnet.htm

-Curt (March 10, 2014, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...I'll have to look into that when I get home.  I want to say that's an option, and I think my SpamNet option is disabled.  NOt sure though.
-superboyac (March 10, 2014, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not familiar with the products specified, but judging by the description given it's a weighted keyword (Bayesian) style of filter so it can't alter the message in any fashion without skewing the results. Also any attempt at including the header would just introduce noise in the results due to the normally random information there causing a single (naughty content) message body result to blossom into thousands of sender recipient variations.

So unless the filter is cutting off the header for message analysis, and then stuffing that headerless-ly analyzed copy in the inbox...it would have no reason to be modifying anything.

superboyac:
Well, I am a thorough person, so I'd figured I'd share what finally solved my problem.

The problem was with the Bat, not AntispamSniper like I initially suspected.  After several attempts, using the Maintenance Center of the Bat (Folder-->Maintenance Center), it found a couple of errors and fixed them.  Since then, the emails have been filtering properly.

I went back and forth with the ASS developer to find this solution, he was extremely helpful and I love his product.  The Bat support, not nearly as helpful (as expected), although they respond quickly using their trouble ticket.  But the ASS guy uses emails which is much more helpful in this kind of problem solving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version