ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

*NIX - List of 100 Open Source Replacements for Popular Security Tools

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
That article loses a lot of credibility with me when it lists Microsoft Internet Explorer as a "Popular Security Tool"  :P
-Deozaan (March 24, 2014, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Deo - umm...the only place IE is listed is on the line where it says a particular piece of software "replaces Internet Explorer" AFAICT.  :huh:

I don't see where it calls IE a security tool...or even recommends it for anything. (Why would it possibly include it btw? IE isn't open source to begin with.) 8)
-40hz (March 24, 2014, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

The trick is to look at the name/title of the article. 100 Replacements for Popular Security Tools. Five of the things on that list are replacements for IE. Therefore, the article considers IE a popular security tool.

But I was being somewhat facetious. (c:

40hz:
@Deo - Wow! All that from just a title? :huh:

I don't think I could get that logical on a bet. ;D :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
I don't think I could get that logical on a bet. ;D :Thmbsup:-40hz (March 25, 2014, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have a knack for twisting words around into various meanings. I keep telling people I'd be a pretty good lawyer.

But I only use my powers for good! 8) Or for humor. And it's not always good humor. ;)

Edvard:
Thanks for this.  Ought to be better than weeding through sectools.org for the Linux versions...  :Thmbsup:

Oh, wait... THOSE security tools... OK, I gotcha ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version