ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Symantec anti-virus auto-updater

<< < (5/8) > >>

Josh:
Better late than never ;-)

Does this one allow configuration of an interval to check for the file at the specified url? Also, perhaps a way to specify parameters to pass to the downloaded file would be nice, unless that is possible using current conventions. I do like the tooltip idea :)

PhilKC:
Hey, for 1.09, is there a way to make it so that you can enter the URL of the page to be checked for the update that way it isnt hard coded into the app. Perhaps this can be stored in a registry key, and loaded each time the program starts. That way, if symantec were to change their page, you wouldnt have to update the program.
-Josh (May 23, 2006, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Done.

Also, the exception is thrown when you click an empty spot in the log window. Also, ntvdm.exe isnt being killed in task manager. I still show it running.
-Josh (May 23, 2006, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed.

One thing I did notice is that when you change the amount of time between updates, its not remembered when you restart the app and its also not updated on the timer. Is there a way to do this via a registry key? You could store whether or not silent updates are enabled, auto update is enabled, the update interval and the default log file to use all in registry. Would this be feasible? One final thing, when you press update to do a manual update, it doesnt reset the timer (at least in the titlebar of the app). Thanks again!
-Josh (May 24, 2006, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Changed. (Although the title bar wont update instantly)

1.09 ahoy!

PhilKC

skywalka:
I use Kaspersky AV & is automatically checks for updates every hour.

Symantec doesn't update often enough.  Didn't the Mellisa virus infect millions of computers in less than 24 hours?

Josh:
Symantec updates several times a day, its just the liveupdate defs arent put out but every 2-3 days. You can always download daily updates

skywalka:
I don't think that's good enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version