topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [INTERVIEW] John McAfee's New Cognizant App Puts an End to Spying  (Read 6133 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
I'm totally going to drive some people foaming at the mouth, raving, cursing insane here... Hehehehe~! ;D

So, here's an interview with John McAfee about his new Cognizant app...

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: [INTERVIEW] John McAfee's New Cognizant App Puts an End to Spying
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:08 AM »
I was considering a smartphone lately, I think you've just helped me make my decision (against).
Will be interesting to hear reports from users.
Tom

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12 AM »
I was considering a smartphone lately, I think you've just helped me make my decision (against).

I do a lot of work in the mobile space at both the API and marketing level. I can tell you... it's worse than anything you hear in the news. I can't post details as I'm under NDA.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 04:18 PM »

I do a lot of work in the mobile space at both the API and marketing level. I can tell you... it's worse than anything you hear in the news. I can't post details as I'm under NDA.

I bet. But eventually it becomes exhausting to try to out think ALL of them. I am one of the many who just have to chip off what I can and hope that it's not worth a 3 letter agency going nuclear on lil ol me while risking their true capabilities.

At some point it's not even apps - if something *makes phone calls on your behalf* and you can prove it, that sounds like a decent ACLU case. If (three-letter) just grabs my social media data through the top level, oh well. I keep a medium low profile there anyway.

I have a quarter-baked new mini equation that says the price of a few conveniences while knowing you're not exactly safe allows you just to operate more efficiently and on the whole get more done in your life. Put another way, spending five hours a day researching top of the line security measures ... just ruins your life! Better just accept five minutes of cynicism and then get on with it all! ... For us lesser mortals.

You geniuses can do it "the right way", you and your eidetic memories and fantastic comprehension and all. I'm far from a dummy, but not at your level. So I gotta take a middle ground.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:27 PM »

So...you're saying you're warning all of us because ...you yourself are part of the problem? :huh:

Interesting. But I'm afraid there's no salvation or forgiveness for you here if that's the case. ;) :P

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 12:03 PM »

I bet. But eventually it becomes exhausting to try to out think ALL of them. I am one of the many who just have to chip off what I can and hope that it's not worth a 3 letter agency going nuclear on lil ol me while risking their true capabilities.

Unfortunately that's just what the 3 letter crowd is counting on, people that are too busy, tired, and or badly uninformed about how intimately technologies are becoming integrated/inserted into their lives.

As 40Hz has said in many places before, "This is a people problem not a technology problem". Sure security on the internet (and etc.) is something that people in general need to pay more attention to. But after a certain point - which is where we're all at with the feds and the internet - it's like not being able to trust the voltage coming out of the wall because the power company is actively trying to fry all you shit.

(Who saw the Walking Dead last night?) How do you deal with people that are just to dangerous to trust?