ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

what does this say?

<< < (2/3) > >>

kalos:
So it sounds like Janie is calling regarding a position you have applied for.  She would like you to call her back at 1-865-826245 in regard to something on the 26th of March at Prompt Wyndham.  Be there by 7:45 for an 8am start, the session will last until 12:30.

Everything else she said was actually gibberish.  :P
-x16wda (March 15, 2014, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks but the number must be British!

tomos:
01865 [+ sounds to me like] 836345

but x16wda says 826245....

[edit] if you applied for a job there, you must know the area code (at least)? (that's Oxford) [/edit]

x16wda:
The name might be Jadie, actually.  And the place could be Pox Wyndham - hard to say.

On yet another few listens I'll still go with the twos in the number... that said, just because everything else is gibberish, that does NOT indicate that it's not ALL gibberish...   ;D

(Note that I have the ear of a native American English speaker, of which this ain't!  :P)

4wd:
Good afternoon, my name is Jodie.  I'm calling from the equipment team at the Entity(?) Group, Plant Swindon.

Just giving you a call back since your application to the apprenticeship program.

If you can call us back please on 01865 826245, we thought you might like ... would like to invite you a ?????????????
on Wednesday the 26th of March at Plant Swindon.  Please be at reception at quarter to eight for an eight o'clock start.  You'll be with us until approximately half-past twelve.

You've applied for the Engineering Maintenance and the Engineering Technician position ???????????????????????? control.  So you may like to do some research so you're prepared for that.

We will also send you a formal email invitation next week but in the meantime if you could confirm your attendance that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, bye bye.
--- End quote ---

Search on phone number, note the name at the bottom:
http://extranet.kingston.ac.uk/careers/detail_vacancies-jobshop.asp?VacancyID=12746

Search on Plant Swindon:
http://www.miniplantswindon.co.uk/

English people really need to learn to enunciate better, not everyone on the planet talks at 78RPM  :)

If you get the job, my fees are %10 gross.  ;)

Giampy:
English people really need to learn to enunciate better-4wd (March 15, 2014, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that a widespread matter or is that limited to few cases?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version