ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Joint Text encryption on PC and IOS 6

(1/1)

MerleOne:
Hi,
I would like to send encrypted text within mails that would work both on PC & iPhone. On PC, the free BestCrypt Text Encoder is fine but I need to decode/encode also on iPhone mails.  Could you recommend a solution ?
Thanks.

skwire:
I use PGP/GPG to handle email encryption on the PC and Android (via APG).  Surely there is a PGP/GPG client for IOS?  Forgive me, if not, as I don't own an iPhone.

40hz:
I use PGP/GPG to handle email encryption on the PC and Android (via APG).  Surely there is a PGP/GPG client for IOS?  Forgive me, if not, as I don't own an iPhone.
-skwire (March 20, 2014, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look at iPGmail and oPenGP in the app store.

Can't vouch for either since I don't trust my iPhone to begin with. It's a proprietary black box - so any sense of real personal data security you may have is either wishful thinking, or misplaced hope at best.

About the only "signal security "that's still workable is a single-use cipher pad used in conjunction with a piece of paper delivered by a human courier. If a message truly needs to be kept secure - keep it off the grid. Completely off.
 8)

MerleOne:
Thanks for the directions !  I'll look into them !  I am a little bit afraid that PGP is too "heavy" or complicated to use.  But first things first, optimization will come later on.

Innuendo:
Can't vouch for either since I don't trust my iPhone to begin with. It's a proprietary black box - so any sense of real personal data security you may have is either wishful thinking, or misplaced hope at best.-40hz (March 20, 2014, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

At least with Android, if you are brave enough to root your device and get a grip on things. A lot of people either don't have the knowledge or inclination to do that, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version