ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Flash video capture

<< < (2/2)

Midnight Rambler:
Sail a different course with this.-Shades (March 20, 2014, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip.  Did everything through, "Rename the <some weird code>.tmp files you'll find in I:\ to <meaningful name>.flv and watch your flash video's in VLC."  Unfortunately, none of the .tmp files renamed .flv (even a longer .dll file) worked in VLC.  What I actually did was only change the extension of all <some weird code>.tmp files to <some weird code>.flv.  Even changed a longer .dll file with no luck.  Will try again later.

Midnight Rambler:
You need to try Easy Screencast Recorder https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/esr/index.html, though it's not really meant for that task, I think
-rgdot (March 20, 2014, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Installed Easy Screencast Recorder and captured about 20 seconds of one of the embedded flash videos at http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/extras.html.  ScScreencaster Video Preview box opened and the video played but without sound.  Then played back .asf file in VLC but video also lacked audio.  It's as if the sound component of the video file is not being captured or an audio codec is missing although that would surprise me given VLC's versatility.   

tomos:
I believe Easy Screencast Recorder is very much a work in progress. I didnt have much success with it myself (but cant remember the details now).

mouser:
ESR (and most normal desktop-recording / screencasting tools) record audio through one of your audio recording devices.  That is, it normally will want to be recording your voice from a microphone.

The only way to record the audio playing through a browser is if you have a virtual audio recording device that is names something like "what you hear" or "stereo mix".  If you have such a device, you should select it as your audio input source in ESR and then it should work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version