ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Flash video capture

(1/2) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
How do I use SC to capture embedded flash videos like for instance those shown at http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/extras.html? Can it even do this? 

mouser:
Works here.

When you say capture embedded flash videos -- i assume we are talking about capturing a Screenshot of an embedded flash video.

Midnight Rambler:
I actually meant capturing flash videos as they're playing on the user's screen similar to what Free Screen Video Recorder does.

According to the program's site: Free Screen Video Recorder is a compact, yet full-featured screen video recorder and screenshot capture tool that allows you to easily record screen activities and capture anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen and rectangular regions.

I usually use the FlashGot extension in Firefox to download videos but it's unable to capture embedded flash videos.  Thought I read that you configured SC to record screen videos as they played (as Free Screen Video Recorder does) but maybe I'm mistaking SC for another.

Shades:
Sail a different course with this.

SpoilerGet a copy of Runtime's ShadowCopy.
Watch/load the flash you want to see. Very important, do not close the Flash player!
Find out where your browser stores temporary files. In there you find a folder 'acro_rd_dir'.
Although this folder will appear empty, it really isn't.
In some cases it says there are 0 Kbyte temporary files in it, which isn't true.

I made a single line batch script:
"D:\Program Files\Runtime Software\ShadowCopy\shadowcopy.exe" F:\Temp\acro_rd_dir\*.tmp I:\ /s /y
which copies all tmp files in folder I:\

Rename the <some weird code>.tmp files you'll find in I:\ to <meaningful name>.flv and watch your flash video's in VLC.

rgdot:
You need to try Easy Screencast Recorder https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/esr/index.html, though it's not really meant for that task, I think

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version