ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Staunch US Intelligence Community defender Dian Feinstein comes to her senses.

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:

It's easy to say such things. I would always suggest giving people the benefit of the doubt.
-IainB (March 11, 2014, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. It's gone too far-  for far too long - to grant any additional benefit of the doubt IMO.  I'm of the "Fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me" school.

For her to pretend she is totally surprised by any of this is beyond belief. And it is unconscionable for a person in her position if she in fact were. From my perspective, up until now, she either (a) was deceived; (b) intended to deceive; or (c) is criminally incompetent. And any of those makes her derelict in the fulfilment of her oath of office.

Of course, if, despite the above, it turns out that she has in fact always been just a complete idiot, then one would need to examine how her appointment to public office came about in the first place. "You get the government you vote for."
-IainB (March 11, 2014, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, it's less of that, and far more that the USA currently "has the best government money can buy." Something which has already cost us dear and continues to cost us dearly.

If I sound harsh or extremely angry, I apologize. I'm only speaking like this because I am. >:(

TaoPhoenix:
 From my perspective, up until now, she either (a) was deceived; ...
And any of those makes her derelict in the fulfilment of her oath of office.
-40hz (March 11, 2014, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

She "Was deceived". When you're in Congress you "pick" what you "believe" in order to get into the right circles.

But she apparently banked on "certain things not happening". Pick your adjectives, most of them justified, but the tone of her big speech was "I was deceived".

And she/staff did put a lot of work into it, before broadcasting it. It's clear it's been brewing in her mind for a while. You can tell it's not a fluff piece written on a four day deadline.

IainB:
...No. It's gone too far-  for far too long - to grant any additional benefit of the doubt IMO. ...
--- End quote ---
...Unfortunately, it's less of that, and far more that the USA currently "has the best government money can buy." ...
--- End quote ---

Well, I am just an ignorant and bemused onlooker. I confess I hadn't realised the politicians somehow bought their seats. The whole thing seems nonsensical to me and I have no real interest in American politics anyway.
You would doubtless be the better judge than I.
Send her to the guillotine.

TaoPhoenix:
Unfortunately, it's less of that, and far more that the USA currently "has the best government money can buy." -40hz (March 11, 2014, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Naw, I dispute this.

We have the government money *has* bought, and it's far from the best!!

I get that it "isn't Ross Perot's 1992" anymore.

But I think one of those billionaires with a year left to live could really shake up US Politics as a "last legacy" if he/she wanted to.

But (your quote here) a President with zero backing in Congress doesn't get far either - the down side of "checks and balances". So maybe the formula is "Buy Presidency and thirteen congress seats"!

TaoPhoenix:
I confess I hadn't realised the politicians somehow bought their seats. The whole thing seems nonsensical to me
-IainB (March 12, 2014, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nah Iain, Buying Political Appointments is a big game in the US. A few fellas are gunning for it as early as High School!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version