ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dumb question but ...

<< < (4/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
I installed YawCam.  It doesn't give the 16x9 of the App. But the image is the right way around at least.  :)
-MilesAhead (March 15, 2014, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

So is your non-mirror self looking better?  My test video of me was alarming. ;D  Guess you're satisfied with YawCam?  I see one needs Java for it to work. :(
-crabby3 (March 16, 2014, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't really do anything other than check how good a shave I got that morning.  I haven't seen how the output looks from another computer.  One criticism, it seems like unsupported resolutions cause it to just go away.  There's probably more sophisticated freeware out there for Windows.

crabby3:
There's probably more sophisticated freeware out there for Windows.
-MilesAhead (March 17, 2014, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lots of freeware for Windows out there but I couldn't find any for real-time video... just pre-recorded stuff.
I did read about one that flips a video, plays the frames in reverse order, from the end to the beginning.  Who the hell would want that?   ;D

MilesAhead:
There's probably more sophisticated freeware out there for Windows.
-MilesAhead (March 17, 2014, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Lots of freeware for Windows out there but I couldn't find any for real-time video... just pre-recorded stuff.
I did read about one that flips a video, plays the frames in reverse order, from the end to the beginning.  Who the hell would want that?   ;D
-crabby3 (March 17, 2014, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

That reminds me of a regular feature on the old Steve Allen Show.  He would do some stupid stuff, like slide down a rope, shoot arrows into a target, break a dozen eggs, throw jugglers pins behind his back into a basket etc..  then play the film backwards.  The pins would jump out of the basket into his hand behind his back, eggs come together, arrows jump from target to the bow, then he'd put them in the quiver... when done he slid up the rope.  Pretty cool because he always had in mind how it would look backwards.

Read your profile but I couldn't tell if you're old enough to know who Steve Allen was.  :)

crabby3:
Read your profile but I couldn't tell if you're old enough to know who Steve Allen was.  :)

-MilesAhead (March 18, 2014, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I know who Steve Allen was.  I grew up watching Alan King on The Ed Sullivan Show.  Which aired directly opposite Steve Allen.   :)
My family was more interested in variety than slapstick.

The TV is full of this type of video editing.  It was cool, the first few times I saw it but not now.  Old hat.
If a show I'm watching starts this rewind stuff it only stays on that channel for about 2 seconds.   ;D  I'm sure their sponsors would love to hear this.

p.s.  I believe The Steve Allen Show was taped so it should have been relatively easy to rewind stuff.  Even back then.

40hz:
Like the old kid TV show host (Sandy Becker? Chuck McCann? Fred Hall? Sonny Fox? - it was one of them) used to do with his character Mr. Backwards. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version