ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Problem with Office 365 and Windows 8

<< < (2/2)

questorfla:
Sorry missed the last one.
Window 8.1 and Office 365 with all updates.  On Office 365  there is only one version that I know of?

40hz:
Hi!

Thanks for the info. I see it's Windows 8.1.

By version of Office 365 I meant which plan. I'm guessing its either Office 365 Small Business Premium or Office 365 Midsize Business?

installing 365 and disconnect the internet.  Word, Excel, All of it, Will continue to work fine no matter how far in the future you run the clock.
-questorfla (March 11, 2014, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um...your clock is not how Microsoft checks on your subscription status. That would be far too easy to manipulate. It uses your assigned licenses for verification.

Ok...let me see what I can find out about that alleged Win 8.1 snafu. Be back! :)

questorfla:
I appreciate the help and all.  The "snafu" at this point has two components (I Think!)
One is probably not related to the other.  The OneDrive issue is a person gripe.  Only the two people who have DELL's are affected.  I checked.
The Default setup with OneDrive is not changed in a couple of others.  This is a recent (s of last Friday) complaint that was dumped in my lap so I have not thoroughly researched it yet.  But I have spent MANY hours of reading. It is just an "issue" with me that it is even possible for someone to be saving document in a CLOUD drive and not be made 100% aware of the fact.

The other one is the "time to send" that lapses from the click of the SEND button on the email to the time it actually leaves you laptop.
That is a clear as I can make it I guess.

And Why will it proceed to send faster if the User Also clicks the real Send/Receive button.

Personally, I believe it is directly related to the manner in which they use Outlook as a filing cabinet.
But I cannot explain why the extra click speeds things up.

Their PST files are beyond HUGE!  And I am certain they are bloated to enormous proportions.
If I could reconcile the reason for the extra click working I might get a "pass" from the owner.
But I am certain it is more that Outlook has to file that tiny single email somewhere in the GIGANTIC LOCKER of her 13GB PST file.
13GB is not even unusual.  I  have seen 17GB.  I have also seen a 15GB PST that just completely blew up.  I have warned them repeatedly but they want results, not warnings. :(

Yet they refuse to change for POP/SMTP for reasons of...
Call it Techno-Fear.  They don't Understand IMAP even though their cellphones and IPAD's all use it.

The thing is, they want to be able to "look back' at every single email hey sent or received for over 3 years and they want it all right at hand.

At one point, I did experiment with creating additional PST data files that outlook is Very happy to open and list in the Navigation panel.  But the one time I did that, it worked until she got a new laptop.  That one had Office 365.  The only way to get her email Into it (and not worry about problems) was to IMPORT and that screwed up my nice organized 15 PST files of 1GB each instead of one 15GB pst file.

It took me the better part of a day to do it once.  I don't want to try again and not even sure Outlook 2013/365 would work that way.

(It also creates a bunch of unnecessary folders in each PST by default which I had a heckuva time getting "hidden" as they cannot be deleted apparently.  Like extra Sent and extra "deleted" etc.   an extra set of default folders for each pst.  The PST's were just the places she files all of her email and it worked out much better.  A filing cabinet that WORKED like a filing cabinet and No Problems with Bloated PST files.
Just Too Much work to set it all up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version