ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What happened?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
We need a thread for those moments when something just happened to you, and on one side you want to tell about it, maybe even talk about it, but on the other side it's not so big a story that it should have its own thread. Then you can maybe come here and tell about it?!

------------

What happened?

:tellme:

Curt:
Somewhere on the Internet I saw an article saying that some French 01Net site was having a draw in which I could win a license for MAGIX Photo Graphic Designer 2013 (today €70, but €90 when new). If the MAGIX company over the years had kept the same family names for their programs, Photo Graphic Designer 2013 would be identical to "Xara Xtreme 8". I used to have Xara Xtreme 5, so I knew at once that Photo Graphic Designer 2013 would be a fine program to have for free.

I went to this French page and gave one of my email addresses, in order to participate in the drawing, and a few weeks later (a week ago) I received a free license key for MAGIX Photo Graphic Designer 2013!  
:up:

That sounded okay, didn't it? So why is this something you want to talk about, Curt? Well, let me quote myself, but this time the full sentence I didn't quite finish at first: "a few weeks later (a week ago) I received a free license key for MAGIX Photo Graphic Designer 2013 in French!".

In French!

Of course I don't just mean the email was in French - no, the program!
I cannot change the user's interface of the program into an English version!
I have tried this and that, but my license seems to be is for the French version only!

French is not dangerous when it is situated on the Internet; use Google! But this is located on my desktop, isn't it; there is no auto-translation here! I really don't have the patience to investigate my new fantastic program one line at a time, because I know that the next time I open it, I will have forgotten where that line was, and what it meant.

Well, this happened to me.
I won a fine program, but I really can't use it.
 :(

TucknDar:
Quelle domage!

4wd:
I won a fine program, but I really can't use it.
 :(-Curt (March 08, 2014, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're looking at it from the glass half empty perspective, just consider it a subtle push to broaden your linguistic abilities.  ;)

Or, you could always offer it as a quiz prize here on DC.

Curt:
Or, you could always offer it as a quiz prize here on DC.-4wd (March 08, 2014, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

^no; I have activated the license. Several times I installed international versions and was able to get an English interface, but each time the program then unregistered. So when I said "I couldn't change the user's interface", I should have added "and keep the license active".

C'est la vie!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version