ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video Editors

<< < (7/16) > >>

Vurbal:
Are there other labels associated with the spoiler?
Where do I go to learn a little more about this environment?
-Happy Expat (March 06, 2014, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Down at the bottom of the main forum page there's a special board called Personal Area. It's just what it sounds like - your own personal board to test out posts or write and save drafts for later. I like to just go talk to myself but people seem to give me strange looks when I mention that.

Curt:
Translate eller pratar du Svenka-Happy Expat (March 06, 2014, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm living in CPH.dk, so a little bit of both :-)

a special board called Personal Area. (...) I like to just go talk to myself but people seem to give me strange looks when I mention that.-Vurbal (March 06, 2014, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ yes, the personal area is the place to be, for such habit, they told me, and locked the door behind me...

Vurbal:
a special board called Personal Area. (...) I like to just go talk to myself but people seem to give me strange looks when I mention that.-Vurbal (March 06, 2014, 02:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ yes, the personal area is the place to be, for such habit, they told me, and locked the door behind me...

-Curt (March 06, 2014, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I feel better now that I know they weren't singling me out.

4wd:
Something that I've used previously with good results, (analog input via TV card), is VirtualVCR - hasn't been updated for ages but then it doesn't really need to be.

Capturing to either in a MPJG (Motion JPEG) or Huffyuv codec, or RAW video.

One program for capturing where I've never had a problem with AV sync loss is iuVCR/iuVCS - paid program and hasn't been updated for a while and the interface is rather strange to get your head around.  I honestly wouldn't recommend buying it now purely because of the lack of development, (I bought it over 10 years ago and still use it occasionally).

I would consider investing in a copy of Sony's Vegas Video if you can - if only for the reason that if you do get AV sync loss it makes it so easy to correct it, (relatively speaking).  I've never bothered tweaking or fiddling with any capture that suffered AV sync loss, just loaded it into Vegas and corrected it - it was faster for me to do that, (minutes), than spend hours redoing a capture.
You can still get the older Vegas 11 Platinum Edition on Amazon for $36 which gives you DVD Architect as well.

It also does video capture but I haven't used it.

Vurbal:
I've read a lot of good things about VirtualVCR and iuVCR over the years - and honestly very few (legitimate) complaints that I can recall. In terms of codecs I'd probably stick with either HuffYUV (old reliable) or UTVideoYUY2 since both are lossless and match the capture colorspace exactly.

Normally I would advise against Vegas because I hate Sony. If you can get their premium prosumer software for that price I say jump on it. I probably wouldn't even consider it for capturing unless VirtualDub and VirtualVCR were both too much trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version