ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (25/27) > >>

J-Mac:
I already upgraded last night. This software hasn't let me down yet.

Jim

wraith808:
Still too pricey for the features.
-Tuxman (September 06, 2016, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Depends on what features you use.

xtabber:
Different strokes for different folks, but there is still nothing in DOpus that would make me want to switch from XYplorer, and much that doesn't.

wraith808:
I've tried several different ones- XYPlorer, Xplorer2, DOpus, and many others.  I try to resist, because DO is more expensive.  But in the end, I always upgrade.  Just too much that I use that's not in the other options.  And that's from someone with a lifetime to XYPlorer.

MilesAhead:
I am tempted to delve into Multi Commander

It has a built in scripting thingie that looks very powerful.  Also it is totally free.  What makes me hesitate is I think it is a one developer deal.  Or is that just an excuse not to learn the scripting syntax?  The big drawback with all the file managers that are not Explorer is that they don't sit in memory all the time.  Perhaps I could try running it out of a ramdisk.  I liked FreeCommander very much.  But the transition to Lazarus really made it seem not the same to me.

Multi Commander has the advantage it already comes in native 32 and 64 bit versions.  Just for grins I may try running the portable 64 bit version out of my ramdisk to see if it fits.  At this point I haven't done anything with it.  So uninstalling loses me not much to go portable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version