ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (22/27) > >>

dr_andus:
You are persuading me to stick with 9 LOL :)
-wraith808 (December 15, 2014, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was certainly not my intention... But it could be that my 4-yr old machine might be just too old for v. 11? BTW, I was pretty happy with v. 10.

myarmor:
I've never had such issues but I'm using ESET AV.
I really like v11, especially because its scripting abilities is frequently expanded on, and there
are frequent beta's to the next minor version.

tomos:
My first impression is that it is running quite a bit slower (or is a bit more resource hungry), at least concerning the following operation.  In the past, when I'd download a file with Firefox, the downloaded file would show up immediately in the download folder when open in Dopus. With v. 11 however I thought something was wrong because I was looking all over the place in the folder for the latest downloaded file and couldn't find it. It was only after some considerable time that the file eventually showed up.

Has anyone else had that experience?
-dr_andus (December 14, 2014, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I havent found DO11 to be more resource hungry (but that's with i5+8GB ram)
I have had some slow-to-refresh scenarios, but not often enough to follow-up on it :-\

Note that DOpus is now at version 11.8
This *seems* to suggest that they might be reducing the time between upgrades (version 11 having been released in March 2014 according to this thread).

EDIT// (in case version 12 is relelased soonish:)
I dont know what their upgrade pricing is when upgrading from an older version (e.g. for 11, version 9 or older; etc.)

cyberdiva:
EDIT// (in case version 12 is relelased soonish:)
I dont know what their upgrade pricing is when upgrading from an older version (e.g. for 11, version 9 or older; etc.)
-tomos (December 16, 2014, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
This posting may answer that question, at least for a couple more weeks:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=39822.0

myarmor:
(in case version 12 is relelased soonish:)
-tomos (December 16, 2014, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Quote from greg in the DO forums earlier today:
Be not afraid! :) While we never comment on release dates nor plans for new major versions, these are traditionally every 2-3 years.
Opus 11 was only released this year so Opus 12 is a long way off yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version