ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (11/27) > >>

myarmor:
I'm just genuinely trying to make an economic calculation for myself, and I haven't been able to find sufficient articulation of the benefits to be able to make that calculation. BTW, I own two v. 10 PRO licenses at the moment and using Dopus on 3 machines (2 PCs, 1 netbook).
-dr_andus (March 06, 2014, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm just going to leave this link here: What's new

myarmor:
Btw, in DO10 with just about every update, in addition to bugfixes there was a somewhat steady stream of bigger and smaller
improvements and/or additions through the years.

I assume they keep it up in DO11.

dr_andus:
I'm just genuinely trying to make an economic calculation for myself, and I haven't been able to find sufficient articulation of the benefits to be able to make that calculation. BTW, I own two v. 10 PRO licenses at the moment and using Dopus on 3 machines (2 PCs, 1 netbook).
-dr_andus (March 06, 2014, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm just going to leave this link here: What's new
-myarmor (March 06, 2014, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but those are features, not benefits. It's a traditional marketing pitfall to present the customer with features but not explain the benefits of those features, which is what I'd need to understand better to make the purchase decision. I was just hoping maybe someone here who understands the product more can articulate those a bit further.

peter.s:
post replaced by

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=37464.new#new

wraith808:
That's the two PCs and a laptop deal. (The single licence is one PC and a laptop.) The upgrade price for "ordinary" customers on that deal is AUS$74. I paid AUS$71 for the previous version on 30th April 2011. So it works out at about AUS$8 per PC per year. My how extortionate!
-michaelkenward (March 06, 2014, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think we've gotten away from that, so if we could, could I use 40's more articulate plea on that regard?  Try not to offend, nor be offended?  Snark has it's place... but I don't personally think here.  And this is from someone who agrees with you (and has all along)

Yes, but those are features, not benefits. It's a traditional marketing pitfall to present the customer with features but not explain the benefits of those features, which is what I'd need to understand better to make the purchase decision. I was just hoping maybe someone here who understands the product more can articulate those a bit further.
-dr_andus (March 06, 2014, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I had windows 8, the killer benefit to me would be the SkyDrive support.  That's one of the slickest things about windows 8 from the short time I had my tablet.

Without that, there's a couple of other benefits that appeal to me (a semi-casual user):

File Display Toolbars
Streamlined Copy Progress Display - might make it so I don't have to use teracopy, I have to try it.
Breadcrumbs, Status Bar, and FAYT changes - these address some of my major complaints.  Especially the FAYT part, as I had to use wildcards before.
Folder Tree Changes - especially remembering the root branches.  Another major complaint of mine.
File and Folder Labels Improvements - Auto filters on folders?  That's just plain cool.

But I think that when you start to break it down not in terms of benefits instead of features, it's going to be a personal experience (and I think that is the best way to break it down), which is why I'm leaning towards jumping from 9 to 11... 10 didn't have anything that personally appealed to me, but 11 does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version