ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Overcoming email checking addiction

<< < (2/2)

Rover:
I absolutely do NOT have an email addiction.   Most of it is SPAM anyway.

I DO have a DC Forum additction.  I refresh the "unread messages" quite often when I am home  :-\

I'm not sure I want to fix that  :P

Carol Haynes:
We need a support group.  Email addiction anonymous.-JeffK (May 20, 2006, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

What a great idea ... I'll email you about it.

jgpaiva:
I have several addictions when we talk about computers. I do check my mail very often (waay too often), and i refresh the unread posts page about 3 times a minutes, and that's when i'm working. When i'm not, it's much more often :P

On the other hand, i'm a bit with KPR, i tend to be hours at the computer not doing anything. (except when i'm programming for/posting at DC)

What a great idea ... I'll email you about it.-Carol Haynes (May 20, 2006, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D ;D

f0dder:
Not me! Nah uh. Don't have a problem. Mmh.

My email accounts are auto-checked every 5mins, so I don't check manually. Website Watcher watches a few sites on auto too, and I do a manual check-for-changes on the non-auto sites a couple of times a day. EMail notify keeps me on tabs with the threads I'm watching (DC, asmcommunity, flat assembler board), and I do a manual "view new posts since last visit" a couple of times a day too.

But even if a lot of this is on auto and I don't do the manual checks too often, it's still a lot of time spent in front of the computer. When I get home from work, I usually spend a couple of hours reading up on forums, newsgroups and emails... eek.

Harrie:
No addicted people here, I see, ha!  JeffK, luckily my hubby's almost as addicted as me, but he's flung those words at me a few times, too.   ;D

Hey!  Don't forget about Temptation Blocker   I didn't try it, but it sure captured my interest.  Hehe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version