ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Annoying toy

<< < (2/3) > >>

wr975:
Maybe also it would randomly fix everything for a couple days then start over.
--- End quote ---

Geez, you're really evil.   :o  ;)

RJL software has a collection of pranks. AFAIK, most of them can be disabled quite easy (moving mouse to top left corner).

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/

I like the "Random Burper"...  :)

deltaend:
Maybe also it would randomly fix everything for a couple days then start over.
--- End quote ---

Geez, you're really evil.   :o  ;)

RJL software has a collection of pranks. AFAIK, most of them can be disabled quite easy (moving mouse to top left corner).

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/entertainment/

I like the "Random Burper"...  :)-wr975 (June 10, 2005, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think I've seen this site way back in the day.  It is pretty fun looking although I was looking for something a little more subtle and psychologically tormenting.  Most of these either only work with Windows 98/95, or they have a bit of a harsh element to how majorly they affect the computer's functionality.  Cool site though. :)

www.webopedia.com defines malware as:
(mal´wãr) (n.) Short for malicious software, software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse.

So I guess it doesn't exactly fit that category but I suppose you could classify something like this as from a really, really, demented person. ;)

Scott:
its not designed to harm anything, except you might cause someone to be miserable and spend a week trying to fix their computer, so i'm not sure i'd call it malware, but it sure could cause some pain in the wrong hands.-mouser (June 10, 2005, 04:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd call any software that is exclusively designed to cause confusion, anger, or stress of any type, malware.  It just means "malicious software".  The term "malware" doesn't mean "a program that formats your hard drive" or one that spies on you.

www.webopedia.com defines malware as: (mal´wãr) (n.) Short for malicious software, software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse.-deltaend (June 10, 2005, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Come on, think about it--read the definition above again, and read the description of this software suggestion again.  If you don't think that software could disrupt the operation of the computer it's running on, I don't know what else to say.

deltaend:
Sorry.  Didn't mean to offend anyone. :(

mouser:
no offense taken here; don't take scott too seriously.. he's just looking out for the would-be victims of these pranks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version