ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Annoying toy

(1/3) > >>

deltaend:
A program that would be invisible in the backround and randomly flicker the screen white for a fraction of a second.  It would also drop the refresh rate down to the lowest supported and move the icons around 1 pixel at a time on the screen to drive your vic out of his mind.  Maybe also it would randomly fix everything for a couple days then start over. :)

Other ideas with this in mind:
Random reverse calibration on your mouse or slow the mouse for 2 seconds and then speed it up to highest for 2 seconds then back to slow etc...
Randomly show error messages that look like they mean something but actually mean nothing.
Have a randomly bouncing start button which runs away from you when you try to click it.
When the cursor has been sitting blinking for over 10 minutes, AND the screensaver has turned on, force the keyboard to type, "Somebody help me..."

Ok, yes, you may say it.  I'm evil.

Scott:
This would be malware, and I hope that DC wouldn't touch it for that reason alone.

deltaend:
Let me clarify:

Non-Viral, non-protective, non-destructive, non-advertising, non-backdoor, non-ADS, non-monitoring, etc...

Designed to irritate and annoy as a joke on systems you either own or have administrative control over but nothing else.

Scott:
Malware doesn't have to be any of those things.  I think wanting to "irritate and annoy" is malicious, so I called it malware.

There are quite a few joke programs available already, though maybe not one that does all the things listed.

mouser:
its not designed to harm anything, except you might cause someone to be miserable and spend a week trying to fix their computer, so i'm not sure i'd call it malware, but it sure could cause some pain in the wrong hands.

it would be a funny joke if you told your friend after 30 mins of their suffering, but if you left it on someone's machine for a week that would be cruel and inhuman.

i'd prefer joke ideas that weren't so easily mistaken for a buggy computer..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version