ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

getting empty video files via Firefox > DownloadHelper?

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
^sounds easy, but you cannot enable extensions when in safe mode...
 (see attachment in previous post)-Curt (February 26, 2014, 12:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, clarification:

Hold down SHIFT when starting, check box marked Disable all add-ons, then hit the (rather large) button that says Make Changes and Restart.

PS. Yes, Vevo videos fail here too, (but that's a bonus :) )

Curt:
I've managed to solve part of the problem, but not the problem itself. Go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click "Use HTML5 Player when possible", and YouTube will then offer one more file for downloading. This one DownloadHelper will grap, even if it originates from Vevo.

Curt:
OK, clarification: Hold down SHIFT when starting, check box marked Disable all add-ons, then hit the (rather large) button that says Make Changes and Restart. -4wd (February 26, 2014, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
PS. Yes, Vevo videos fail here too, (but that's a bonus)-4wd (February 26, 2014, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification. However, there was no "enable all", to finish the job! :stars:

I have not visited VEVO for sooo  looong  that I completely had forgotten that VEVO is synonymous with "Sorry! The page you are looking for is not available in your region." I have tried HOLA Unblocker /USA, but it didn't pay out at once, so I skipped it again.

app103:
I have not visited VEVO for sooo  looong  that I completely had forgotten that VEVO is synonymous with "Sorry! The page you are looking for is not available in your region."
-Curt (February 26, 2014, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

You don't have to actually visit VEVO to end up with a VEVO video that you can not download. Those videos are all over the place on Youtube and I run into them quite often when performing searches for music.

For example, that Youtube video link in your original post is a VEVO video.

app103:
I've managed to solve part of the problem, but not the problem itself. Go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and click "Use HTML5 Player when possible", and YouTube will then offer one more file for downloading. This one DownloadHelper will grap, even if it originates from Vevo.
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
-Curt (February 26, 2014, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, this is fun! This is what I get when doing as you instructed:

And the longer the video plays while I keep that menu open, the more it grows.

Also, when visiting another page on Youtube, the list from the previous video doesn't clear, and you don't get any links for the video on the current page. You have to refresh the page to get those, and the links from the previous page are still there, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version