ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Against TED talks

<< < (13/14) > >>

mouser:
It's not the conspiracy nut stuff per se that gets things moved to the basement -- but when entire threads start to become filled with these posts that it gets exhausting.  If you have an opinion by all means post it, but then take a break and give the rest of the population a chance to express their thoughts (and digest what you've written).

40hz:
It's certainly generating a lot more heat than light lately.

I think I'll bow out of this discussion.  :)

Target:
at the risk of poking the snake with a stick, still seems like guilt by association to me.

as far as I can see all you've managed to do so far is paint TED black with someone elses deeds.

I'm not defending any of the parties here, I'm pretty sure we all know that many of the big commercial entities are far from paragons, but I've yet to hear anything that indicates that TED does anything other than provide a forum.

Is there an agenda there?  I have no idea, and given the breadth and depth of both subjects and presenters I'm guessing it would pretty hard to see anyway.

meh...

wraith808:
at the risk of poking the snake with a stick, still seems like guilt by association to me.

as far as I can see all you've managed to do so far is paint TED black with someone elses deeds.

I'm not defending any of the parties here, I'm pretty sure we all know that many of the big commercial entities are far from paragons, but I've yet to hear anything that indicates that TED does anything other than provide a forum.

Is there an agenda there?  I have no idea, and given the breadth and depth of both subjects and presenters I'm guessing it would pretty hard to see anyway.

meh...
-Target (March 21, 2014, 03:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not even going down the guilt by association bit- there's more than enough questions about TED just from looking at the number of sponsors and cost.

mouser:
How to sound smart while giving your TED talk:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version