ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Development Cleaning Suite Submission

<< < (4/7) > >>

mjfreelancing:
Yes, I'm intending to move out of the registry.  The initial code is using a framework I've written that made development extremely fast.  I have an adaptor class that can save to an INI file (even nested keys) so I'll be updating it over the next few days.

There are some collections I need to store that is not immediately supported in my framework so I might work on improving that first.

Stay tuned.

mjfreelancing:
Ok, I have a new version - see bottom of this message for the setup.

The new version has the following changes:

Configurator
-----------
 * Mask / Folder representation has completely changed
 * Volume filtering is possible (greyed out or hidden)
 * Available volumes are now listed under the Edit menu and a check mark next to an item indicates it is excluded from scans / purges
 * Several cosmetic issues corrected

DCSUtil
-------
 * Does not show volumes that have been excluded by the configurator
 * Abort operations (from scanning) are now more responsive

The majority of changes have occured in the configurator so the logic for add/remove/delete folders (especially with filtering enabled) has completely changed.  I cannot find any bugs but please let me know if you find something.

The next stage will be modifying the data persistence (removing it from the registry).

I'd like some feedback while I'm doing this.

I recommend un-installing the previous version first just to ensure the additional COM interfaces are registered correctly.  All current configuration information will NOT be lost.

mouser:
i'll give it a try and report back.

mjfreelancing:
Excellent.

For those of you reading the C++Builder Developer's journal (http://www.bcbjournal.com) you can find my configuration framework (used within this project) discussed in issues Vol 9, No 12 - Vol 10, No 1 - Vol 10, No 2.

I look forward to your results.  I'm even looking for reports of cosmetic issues (such as controls not moving when forms are resized, glyph/icon transparency issues and so on.  Functional issues are obviously the highest priority.

It will be a few days before the next beta as I'm going to update my configuration framework to handle a few situations not currently supported.

mjfreelancing:
Next beta is now available.

Functionally, this version is almost identical to the previous.  This version, however, now reads from a "dcs.cfg" file for all configuration options rather than the registry.

I recommend un-installing the previous version before installing this version since some of the previous version information was not updated correctly.

All current configuration will not be removed, but you can remove it manually from the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MJ Freelancing\DCS

If you need help in removing this just let me know - it's really easy.

The configuration framework used in this application has had some major work added to it to better support future requirements.  If you notice any aspect of the configuration not persisting correctly please let me know.

I have tested this on my real development system and found no issues but please perform your own testing with all cautions in mind.

At this stage, I may continue to build my "future feature list" while I work on some documentation / help.  If you have any comments or suggestions I'd love to hear from you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version