ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Development Cleaning Suite Submission

<< < (3/7) > >>

mjfreelancing:
If there are any users who want to test under an operating system before Windows 2000 let me know.  The current setup.exe requires Win 2000 and above only because I haven't tested for the OS version in my code (to determine whether I should be creating certain registry keys).

If I know someone wants to test DCSUtil.exe to achieve the same result as Windows Disk Cleanup then I'll make the appropriate changes and update the installation.

mjfreelancing:
I'm starting to plan a new layout for the configurator.  It needs to be easier to use (drag and drop options will come once I sort out the main layout issues).

Rather than having two grids on each filemask tab, I was thinking along the lines of this:

The checkboxes would indicate if the folder's sub-folders are also excluded.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to make this more obvious to the end user.

mjfreelancing:
I might be able to live with this variation:

The filter would allow you to list all entries, or just the entries specific to a volume (such as C:\ or E:\ etc)

I might start on this approach over the next few days and post a new beta.  Get your comments in early.

mjfreelancing:
I've implemented most of the GUI changes to the Configurator but am considering changing the way the config data is stored.  I need to know to what extent this will affect people (are you using it).  Please reply to this post if you want to continue testing but don't want to have to reconfigure the scan/purge options.

As you can see I also have filtering now.  Am wondering if I should have a hide/show option for the filtered data.

Comments ?

mouser:
speaking for myself, feel free to change the way data is saved; won't bother me to reconfigure.
ps - i know i'm not alone in prefering options be saved in files rather than the registry.

new gui is looking really nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version