ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Development Cleaning Suite Submission

(1/7) > >>

mjfreelancing:
Here is my initial submission for this contest.  The suite is fully functional and has performed well for me (I just cleaned 400+ MB of temporary files from my development machine).

The "Development Cleaning Suite" (DCS) is a utility that provides a cleanup handler for Widows 2000 and above.  Additionally, the suite includes a configuration tool as well as an independant host (DCSUtil) for the handler - providing for additional benefits and more advanced features.

You can download the installation and a PDF file explaining everything (8 pages) from the bottom of this page.

I won't start on help files until the tool is finished due to major screen changes.

An example of its presence with the Windows Disk Cleanup Tool:

Clicking the "Review" button shows a detailed view of all files found and allows you to indicate which files should / should not be deleted.

Using the DCSUtil to perform the scan/purge

Here is a screen shot of the configurator

Note: Although I have thoroughly tested the provided tools please test carefully.  By default, all deletions are sent to the recycle bin.

mouser:
looks great  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
i'm trying to think if there are cases where .obj files are needed and shouldn't be deleted (if so might want to disable that one by default).

mouser:
ps. users with old versions of windows pay heed, this is for Widows 2000 and above.

mouser:
some suggestions (you asked!):

1) i can't imagine too many cases of wanting to apply different masks in different directories, so having to specify same dirs for each mask seems really painful.  better to just have a single list of dirs i think.
2) and then a list of masks (with checkboxes to let you temporarily disable each?)

3) the ability to drag and drop folders (or a shell extension) to scan a folder (and children) would be to me my #1 request, especially for testing purposes.

4) i think it pays to explain more about how DCS integrates into Windows Disk Cleanup and how to use Windows Disk Cleanup; it's not something i am familiar with and i bet im not alone, and its one of the unique features about this app that people might like.

5) results might also be a candidate for not putting each dif mask on its own tab (have to check each tab to see whats scheduled for deletion might be a bit cumbersome).

just some ideas - feel free to ignore :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version