ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Development Cleaning Suite Submission

<< < (2/7) > >>

mjfreelancing:
My approach to the multiple masks and folders/mask is based on my own requirements - this is a definite must.

OBJ files for example : I want them deleted from my own projects but not from 3rd party products.

As for the explanation of the Windows Cleanup Manager - I'll do some work in the final docs.

On this issue of Windows 2000 and above, this is only the case if you want to use the Windows Cleanup tool only.  If you are using an earlier version of Windows, my utility DCSUtil will do the same job for you.

mjfreelancing:
Just to clarify one thing - the folders are excluded folders, not included folders.  if nothing is defined then the entire drive is scanned.

mjfreelancing:
To justify putting masks on each tab - I have another application where I placed them in a list with checkboxes and it become a pain (mainly because I could not easily filter which folders to exclude).  This suite allowed me to clear out over 400MB of files within 4 parses today (modifying the configuration until I was happy).

Using the tabs, I quickly dropped 4000+ files down to 2000+ - and then cleared nearly half a gig !

With the amount of development I do, this tool is perfect in design (in my opinion).

I don't like the config tool much so am open ears for suggestions on GUI changes - I especially want to get rid of the grid and replace / update it with something better.

The current code is completely pure VCL (including my own framework that complements the VCL) except for a single component to display folders (from Shell Control Pack).  Over time I'll update with better components as required - starting with the configuration layout.

mouser:
OBJ files for example : I want them deleted from my own projects but not from 3rd party products.
Just to clarify one thing - the folders are excluded folders, not included folders.  if nothing is defined then the entire drive is scanned.
--- End quote ---

ah that makes a lot of sense now.

jgpaiva:
@mjfreelancing: thank you so much for submiting yet another entry to this contest!
This sure is a very interesting program, i think i'll have a look into it, as i tend to keep my computer a complete mess, with a loads of temp files and such! ;)
 :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version