ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Junk mail plus telemarketing equals new ISP account?

(1/2) > >>

crabby3:
This tactic is new to me.  First I get junk mail, from my phone company, saying they want to be my new ISP.  Next few days they call,
wanting me to 'confirm' an appointment I (or someone else) have made, to come and set me up.

All of their calls (4) were automated and recorded by my answering machine.  No buttons were pushed to confirm, change, etc. this non appointment.

Fake day & time came and went.  Nada.  I suppose this gimmick might work in some households?  Beware!  ;D

Innuendo:
Chances are if you had answered any of those calls you would have gotten a hard sell from a sales rep trying to sell you on their service.

With scummy marketing tactics like that I'd be looking for a new phone company.

crabby3:
Chances are if you had answered any of those calls you would have gotten a hard sell from a sales rep trying to sell you on their service.

With scummy marketing tactics like that I'd be looking for a new phone company.
-Innuendo (February 16, 2014, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just visited my phones web site and it could not locate any *service changes requested*.  This was definitely a scam but probably not by them.
This is what I suspected all along.  That the phone calls and maybe the junk mail were both phony.  ;)

Innuendo:
Just visited my phones web site and it could not locate any *service changes requested*.  This was definitely a scam but probably not by them.
This is what I suspected all along.  That the phone calls and maybe the junk mail were both phony.  ;)
-crabby3 (February 16, 2014, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then that should narrow down your list of suspects considerably. If you are like me, very few entities possess both my email address and my home phone number.

crabby3:
-crabby3 (February 16, 2014, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then that should narrow down your list of suspects considerably. If you are like me, very few entities possess both my email address and my home phone number.
-Innuendo (February 16, 2014, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some clarification... the junk mail was USPS delivery.
How could someone match my address with my phone number?  Would have to be an ex-friend I guess?  Got lots of those.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version