ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

trying to combine antiviruses and firewalls

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
I split this off into its own thread.. you are asking for trouble if you combine multiple resident firewalls and antiviruses.  You can combine NON-resident antivirus engines.

40hz:
you are asking for trouble if you combine multiple resident firewalls and antiviruses.
-mouser (February 16, 2014, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

@Contro - +1 w/mouser! You can give yourself some major headaches doing that. :o  Most good antimalware utilities will check to see if another realtime scanner is active - and warn you about it. Pay close attention to any warnings, messages, or dialog boxes whenever setting up an AV or similar utility. This is not the sort of app you want to just "click-through" when installing. Especially since a screwed up installation of a security product can be difficult to disable or easily uninstall.

:tellme:

Contro:
I split this off into its own thread.. you are asking for trouble if you combine multiple resident firewalls and antiviruses.  You can combine NON-resident antivirus engines.
-mouser (February 16, 2014, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser i read your private, but leads me here again. I will locate the real post and continue here.
My idea is only have one resident. But this way I can use or another.....
 :-*

Contro:
ahp. Understood. I can't access to null the other post but try here now.
I have desactivated avast for one hour.
Now i have the problem configuration is endless.

Innuendo:
Some firewall programs can be combined with some AV programs, but you can't run two AVs along-side each other or two firewalls along-side each other. Also, one or both cannot be security suites.

However, even if you have a firewall-only program and an AV-only program, sometimes they will co-exist peacefully, but a lot of times they won't. Unless you have a really good reason for trying something like this you're best off just not messing with it. There's a lot of configuring & experimenting to get everything working properly.

Even if it appears everything is working fine something could be conflicting that's leaving your system unprotected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version