ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List bookmarks url's to a txt file

<< < (3/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
Is there a Firefox plugin that exports out the bookmark lists?

-TaoPhoenix (February 15, 2014, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't heard of one. I'm using Opera Import of Firefox bookmarks.  But Opera would do the same for anything it knows how to import. It will end up as part of bookmarks.adr.

I think there are converters that go between several formats.   But they are stand-alone programs. But if you find one with Opera as output it should generate the file.  I don't know if it will complain if it doesn't find opera.exe anyplace on the drive.

Edit: I seem to remember Transmute worked pretty well.  But it's not free.  Also I still ended up with all the Firefox bookmarks in a folder.  I ended up editing bookmarks.adr just as if I imported with Opera.

Contro:
They seem to start with "url=" so it should be fairly easy with any script that has the equivalent of If StringLeft(urlstr,4) = "url=" then yadda yadda
-MilesAhead (February 15, 2014, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

What script ?

I am solving now with opera. I obtain with pspad a file with all the urls from the exported file from Opera.
It easy :
"To extract URLs into new file use:
open search dialog
click on the button with ! next to search field and choose Find URL
Press Copy button"
I was thinking to obtain the list from firefox in a html file similar way and then apply the Skwire's script to delete the lines not necessary.

controtexttool.ahk

I have revised the post in pspad and they add this to locate the urls preceeded by a string :

"Modify the regular expression by adding string on the begin what will idenfify what you want"

I usually get a headache when trying regex so.......

I make copy/paste of the regular expression used by pspad to find any url :

(news|http|ftp|https):\/\/[\w\-_]+(\.[\w]+)+([\w\-\.,@?^=%&:/~\+#]*[\w\-\@?^=%&/~\+#])?

So....

What must I add to find only the preceed by the string :

"<DT><A HREF="" , where my "" are not for search and the ending " is the beginning " of the url to find.....

How can i do that ?

MilesAhead:
I don't know why you want to do it the hard way.  In Opera Manage Bookmarks, File, Inport Firefox bookmarks, browse to .html file.

Other browser, export as html.

in AutoIt3 compile as a console app and it will output the urls to the command line.  Put exact path of "bookmarks.adr" file

--- ---#include <File.au3>
Dim $array
If Not _FileReadToArray("C:\bookmarks.adr", $array) Then
MsgBox(0,"Bookmarks", "Error " & @error)
Exit
EndIf
For $x = 1 To $array[0]
$array[$x] = StringStripWS($array[$x],1)
If StringLeft($array[$x],4) = "URL=" Then
ConsoleWrite(StringMid($array[$x],5) & @CRLF)
EndIf
Next

Edit: Changed StringMid start pos to 5.  That should be the char after the "URL=" to the end of the string.

Edit2: new copy strips leading WS to get rid of tabs

Edit3:  seems to work now.  At least it spits out some urls.  :)

Contro:
please consider put the regex code for pspad.

I will try the script too, but seems more practical with pspad.

Best Regards

MilesAhead:
I've never used pspad.  Also I'm not skilled in RegEx.  I'd ask on ahk forum or use one of the RegEx Tester programs.  There's a ton shows up in search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version