ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List bookmarks url's to a txt file

<< < (2/4) > >>

Contro:
As far as I can tell the Opera bookmarks file, bookmarks.adr, is ordinary text.  You can import, say Firefox bookmarks, then open bookmarks.adr.  All the Firefox bookmarks will be under a heading Firefox Bookmarks, or something similar.  When opened by Opera all the imported Firefox bookmarks are in a folder of that name.  I have many times, just deleted that header and a couple of lines above it, to make the Firefox bookmarks become all the Opera bookmarks.

But anyway, for now as a stopgap, you can import with Opera then just copy and paste with a text editor to save as a plain text.

-MilesAhead (February 14, 2014, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see that we can export to an html file, but the content is for filter, not the list of the urls
So
In opera i will try and comment.
Because perhaps we need the method to extract the url's (certain url's) from the html file or any other type.

:-*

MilesAhead:
When you import into Opera, it adds bookmarks to its bookmarks.adr file.  It's plain text.  Then it's cut and paste, not export.

Contro:
I got the file.
But now I have to extract the url's
I have forgotten this as usual, but I think i have done this some time ago.....
Researching..... scanning the memory

:-[

MilesAhead:
They seem to start with "url=" so it should be fairly easy with any script that has the equivalent of If StringLeft(urlstr,4) = "url=" then yadda yadda

TaoPhoenix:
Is there a Firefox plugin that exports out the bookmark lists?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version