ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ScreenShot Captor is a Mess

<< < (4/6) > >>

longrun:
-

IainB:
SC has a feature that will remove those, and it is enabled by default when you use Alt+PrtScr to capture the active window.
You should should see the screen flash black and white while it captures that window, and it should remove them.
(that's assuming you haven't changed any options related to window transparency capture).
Are you capturing that window using Alt+PrtScr?
-mouser (February 13, 2014, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can attest to the fact that Alt+PrtScr woks as described, but sometimes, when viewed in irfanview, a SC capture image may seem to have the squared-off corners/outlines in grey (not black), and sometimes the exact same image (i.e., same file) will not have them - i.e. it is not always consistent.

Furthermore, it varies depending on whether the image is viewed against a light background or a dark background, but even then, in irfanview, it is not always consistent.

I think this may be a display-related (GPU?) rendering variability - some kind of a bug - but not necessarily a bug in SC.

TaoPhoenix:
I'll try a different take.

So to the original poster, P-V, try this.

No black lines.  :)

That's my secret hidden feature I requested a while back. I just click on SC, it changes to Red and gives me a crosshair. I draw a square area to capture. I didn't need all the whistles either, so I had Mouser make it into a "1-click app".

Then I open Tom Revell's program Stickies and paste it in there. Stickies is fun because you can do light annotations of the image. Then you can save the sticky as an image.

Is that simple enough for you? : )

mouser:
Ian makes a good point!

Screenshot Captor, when properly working, will make those corners TRANSPARENT in the image file (png).

The following things can make it APPEAR as if the corners are wrong, when they are really captured perfectly:
1. If your image viewing program shows transparent areas as black.
2. If you save the image as a format that does not support transparency (jpg, bmp).
3. If you copy the image to clipboard it may not preserve transparency (suggested by hamradio)

So the first thing to do is check the Screenshot Captor window itself and see how the corners look.

mouser:
Added another possibility above noted by hamradio.

The problem may be in it being copied to clipboard -- can you try just looking at the image inside SC and see if its ok, and if so, drag and drop it to your other program instead of using clipboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version