ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

K-Meleon anyone?

(1/4) > >>

dantheman:
With Firefox (Chrome) Australis on the way soon, i'm considering viable alternatives like Seamonkey, Palemoon and even K-Meleon which is now at 74b2 !

Anyone recall this lightweight browser?

tomos:
Palemoon was getting good press here on dc - I was considering trying it as FF was struggling a bit here (win7 x64), but havent yet...

I used K-Meleon for a while on earlyish XP, seems like a long time ago now. I know app103 recommends it for older machines. I've been with FF so long - with TabMixPlus and Session-saver - that I just was never really bothered to even try Chrome much. But, FWIW, for the same reason I wouldnt go back to K-Meleon either.

dantheman:
Good point.
Extensions have always been a if not the major player for Firefox.  :-*
I just don't understand the disrepect the Mozilla Foundation is showing to extension devs by removing the addons bar for example.  :down:

p.s. did notice that K-Meleon is working on Linux version too!

Tuxman:
Wow, the K-Meleon guys found a way to continue development? Neat!
Time to check it once again...

TaoPhoenix:
Palemoon was getting good press here on dc - I was considering trying it as FF was struggling a bit here (win7 x64), but havent yet...

I used K-Meleon for a while on earlyish XP, seems like a long time ago now. I know app103 recommends it for older machines. I've been with FF so long - with TabMixPlus and Session-saver - that I just was never really bothered to even try Chrome much. But, FWIW, for the same reason I wouldnt go back to K-Meleon either.
-tomos (February 13, 2014, 08:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, somewhere in here is my view too.

- I've been trying out PaleMoon for years, and haven't seen any of the actual "optimizations for Windows" they talk about. I tend to use for minor technical reasons such as a slightly different menu bar, it is Not-FF so if something does crash FF, Palemoon is still running in a different process, and just that on my task bar I can color code things blue and orange via using both browsers at once
- But there is a minor bug where Miles' BBSS program won't behave right for me on Palemoon!

So I don't know what KMeleon is up to. One time a couple of years ago I checked in with it, but they hadn't updated their font rendering code at that time so pages looked a bit yukky. But "It's 2014 and all that", so I might look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version