ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Best Security Suites (2013/2014)

<< < (9/11) > >>

x16wda:
Interesting reading. I tried installing the free BD and it didn't seem to have any controls at all (like for "leave this folder alone!"). Avast! seems fine so far, but I seem to be missing some embedded videos (such as this post).

x16wda:
^Just to correct the record, I can't blame Avast! for this. I finally had time to work on this and uninstalled Avast! and still had the problem.  Eventually tracked it down to a Flash update - v12.0 apparently doesn't like to display embedded YouTube videos in Chrome.  Backed it off to 11.7 and it crashes on the first use but is OK thereafter; I may bump it up to 11.9 and see if that's any better.

mouser:
And an update on my part:

Since switching from ESet to AVG several weeks ago, my system has felt noticeably faster, with no return of the application-hangs that prompted me to finally switch away from ESet in the first place.

Attronarch:
Unfortunately, my adventure with AVG 2014 was of short life. After 2 weeks of everything functioning correctly, I suddenly started getting BSODs (Win 8.1 x64). Culprit was AVG 2014, and everything has been normal since I removed it. Pity, I liked the AV and firewall.

dr_andus:
Unfortunately, my adventure with AVG 2014 was of short life. After 2 weeks of everything functioning correctly, I suddenly started getting BSODs (Win 8.1 x64). Culprit was AVG 2014, and everything has been normal since I removed it. Pity, I liked the AV and firewall.
-Attronarch (March 01, 2014, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd used AVG for possibly 10 years, and it was only AVG 2014 that stopped working properly. So something must have gone awry with this latest incarnation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version