ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Best Security Suites (2013/2014)

<< < (7/11) > >>

Innuendo:
There's been some positive statements about Bitdefender in this thread... I have an old, unused key for BitDefender AntiVirus Pro 2011 (3 PCs, 1 year). I have no idea how well it'll work today, but I think there's a decent chance that it will still work with a 2011 install (I can provide direct download links to the 2011 installer from bitdefender.com's servers).  I have no idea how their upgrade policy works, but I suppose there's a small chance that you'd be able to get a 2011 install upgraded to 2014 for minimal charge or maybe even free.-mwb1100 (February 19, 2014, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Usually how keys for security software works is they are valid for a 1-year subscription that starts as soon as one uses the key & the key is not tied to any particular version. Theoretically, since the key has never been used, one could download the newest installer, plug in that key and be good to go.

mwb1100:
Usually how keys for security software works is...
-Innuendo (February 19, 2014, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that's true in this case, then this is basically an offer for a free 3 PC-1 Year BitDefender AV Pro license.  Still up for grabs.

Someone take me up on this - I hate paying for stuff that never gets used (even if I didn't pay all that much - it was a $10 deal).

Innuendo:
If I didn't love Outpost so much I'd give it a try, but Outpost just does everything the way I want things to be done (for a change).

That reminds me, though...I think I have an used Eset AV key around here somewhere. It, too, was a $10 deal.

Curt:
AVG Internet Security 2014 Free Download with 1 Year Trial Serial Key

This free 1 year trial is actually intended for Huawei dongle users but it works for everyone lol. And in terms of features and protections, there are no differences between a trial and a paid license — you get all the same features, updates, and protection.-various (February 18, 2014, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is also an AVG Antivirus Pro 2014 Free 1 Year Trial:
http://www.mostiwant.com/blog/avg-antivirus-free-product-key-license-number/
But of course Anti-virus is already included in the Internet Security suite.

Giampy:
The best security suites is the one that controls even the Kernel.
I am referring to Windows XP. I was told that Windows XP will be unprotected against Kernel attacks after April, I mean after its end of support.
Is there any program that controls even the Kernel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version