ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why didn't anyone tell me I could make the Windows 7 taskbar height non-obscene?

<< < (4/6) > >>

BGM:
@Vurbul - That Windows7 Taskbar Tweaker is wonderful!  I use it to do only ONE thing - disable the tooltips on the taskbar buttons.  They were always getting in the way when I passed the mouse from one monitor to the next.

MilesAhead:
I have a "Laptop' Desk clock...
--- End quote ---

That's the one thing I do like about Win8 UI.  Mouse to the corner to bring up Options sidebar.  Hover on Options. It displays time and other info nice and large.

TaoPhoenix:
Heh if we consider Win 8.1 as a "service pack", then with that new engineering focused MS CEO, MS could be right in line for their pattern of "One OS Good, Next one bad"!

Here's hoping they make Win9 good!

app103:
I use small icons on a vertical taskbar so that I can easily access it between two monitors.
This lets me "stack" more taskbar buttons than I could have horizontally.
 (see attachment in previous post)
I've got 16gb of RAM, so it is easy to have so many apps running in the system tray,too.  On a horizontal taskbar I would never be able to see them all at once.
-BGM (February 06, 2014, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ditto. For years now - in XP and Win7-64 - I have used a vertical Taskbar configuration with auto-hide ON. Current example:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-IainB (February 07, 2014, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-* Love the purple, too!

BGM:
I love threads like this where everyone shows off their computers.  After all, its the most important part of the entire windows interface we are talking about - our entire workflow revolves around the taskbar!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version