ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why didn't anyone tell me I could make the Windows 7 taskbar height non-obscene?

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
x16, your image shows the double height normal size win7 taskbar.  i'm talking about the half-height option.

oh -- is that TClock you have showing that info?  Didn't know it could display two-lines. nice.

Deozaan:
I've had this option set for so many years that I forgot it wasn't like that by default. In fact, every single Windows 7 computer (including everybody else's computers) I've used has the smaller taskbar, so I'm still not sure I believe that it's not small by default.

BGM:
I use small icons on a vertical taskbar so that I can easily access it between two monitors.
This lets me "stack" more taskbar buttons than I could have horizontally.

I've got 16gb of RAM, so it is easy to have so many apps running in the system tray,too.  On a horizontal taskbar I would never be able to see them all at once.

x16wda:
x16, your image shows the double height normal size win7 taskbar.  i'm talking about the half-height option.

oh -- is that TClock you have showing that info?  Didn't know it could display two-lines. nice.
-mouser (February 06, 2014, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

By golly, you're right!  I set small taskbar on every other machine I get on (at least all our servers, anyway)... but at home I have two 1920x1080 monitors so I didn't notice!  Fixed now, though, I just set the text in T-Clock to size 8 Marlett instead of 10...

BGM:
Another thing I did was this: I created a PowerPro toolbar that docks to the top of my screen and had it display a clock there.

My monitor is 1920x1080, so it might seem big to some folks.
The reason I'm showing this is because it's another way to have a custom clock.

As you can see in the image, there are other things too: icons that contain menus, a volume-slider (just scroll over it to adjust volume!), and a run box.

PowerPro, if you haven't tried it, is wonderful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version