ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why didn't anyone tell me I could make the Windows 7 taskbar height non-obscene?

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
This is a public service announcement for those of you who do not like the Windows 7 taskbar being so damn tall eating up desktop space for no reason.

You can change it go to back to the sane pre-Windows7 height and format:

It's the small icons setting which reduces the height.  I also change the taskbar buttons (grouping) option so that each program running gets it's own taskbar entry until it runs out of space; I hate the new behavior of combining taskbar buttons for multiple copies of explorer, etc.

Note: One thing that happens when you reduce the taskbar height is you lose the full date shown in the bottom right.  To solve that I install Tclock and configure it to show full textual date+time on the taskbar.

tomos:
To solve that I install Tclock and configure it to show full textual date+time on the taskbar.
-mouser (February 06, 2014, 05:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didnt know that it could show all that info on a 'small' taskbar.

Eh... have you just upgraded from XP mouser?
Or are you one of those productive people who dont mess around with all the possible UI options on their OS :D :P

mouser:
have you just upgraded from XP mouser?
Or are you one of those productive people who dont mess around with all the possible UI options on their OS
--- End quote ---

both.

tomos:
^ I avoid a new OS install like the plague because I spend hours, no, days, trying to get it the way I want it
(but I think I'd prefer to be more productive).

x16wda:
I didnt know that it could show all that info on a 'small' taskbar.
-tomos (February 06, 2014, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's plenty of room on the "small" taskbar!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version