ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone: Choosing between tiny DIY computer kits

<< < (7/12) > >>

wraith808:
I should hopefully have my CHIP with HDMI soon.  I'll let you know how that is.  I was disappointed with the Onion- mostly because I couldn't get it to turn on because of their quality problems with the power switch.  Hopefully this will be better.

Target:
I was disappointed with the Onion- mostly because I couldn't get it to turn on because of their quality problems with the power switch.  Hopefully this will be better.-wraith808 (June 05, 2016, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

presumably the switch is one of those damn SMD jobbies - could you perchance just scrape it off and short the traces?

wraith808:
I was disappointed with the Onion- mostly because I couldn't get it to turn on because of their quality problems with the power switch.  Hopefully this will be better.-wraith808 (June 05, 2016, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

presumably the switch is one of those damn SMD jobbies - could you perchance just scrape it off and short the traces?

-Target (June 05, 2016, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was actually a piece of plastic that jutted out from between the sandwiched part, so I can't even get in there to see.  Most people used a pin to move the position, but for some reason that wouldn't work for me.

Target:
of course, where else would you mount a switch!

I know you've had it for a while, but wouldn't this be a 'warranty' claim?

wraith808:
of course, where else would you mount a switch!

I know you've had it for a while, but wouldn't this be a 'warranty' claim?
-Target (June 05, 2016, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is.  But I have to pay postage from China, and their shipping options suck.  So at that point, I decided to just write it off.  Too much trouble for what it's worth.  I might revisit it if the CHIP doesn't work out well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version